PunBB-Hosting Support Forum

The official support forum for all things related to PunBB-Hosting

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-09-14 03:17:43

Labi1995
The midsole feels firme

The midsole extends up and around the upper to create what Hoka calls their “bucket seat” for the foot. I had no slippage issues in the heel area on this shoe. The shoe comes with Nike Air Presto Womens regular laces, which I found a bit strange. Why does the trail shoe have speed laces and this road shoe (that could be Nike Air Max 1 Damskie used by triathletes) not have them? That said, I felt I could get a better fit with the regular laces than with the speed laces of the Kailua Trail. The shoe is far more flexible than other Hoka shoes and the rocker effect, while less pronounced, is still there and does allow one to get “on their midfoot” a bit more. This is the same sensation as with the Kailua Trail.I’ve taken seven runs with the Kailua Tarmac, mostly on the road, but threw in a trail run just to see how they would work (45 miles total). While the shoe is still well cushioned (it is a Hoka after all), it doesn’t have that plush feel of my Bondi Speeds. The midsole feels firmer than the Bondi but in my opinion it has better cushioning than the Nike Air VaporMax Damen adidas Energy Boost shoe. This shoe is billed as a performance shoe and has 9mm less cushioning than the Bondi. The forefoot Nike Air VaporMax Dames is more flexible like a normal running shoe.Running at faster speeds the shoe felt great. It is absolutely fantastic on the road with a very smooth feel. It has a much better road feel than the Kailua Trail and dare I say it feels a bit more cushioned. On the trail it did ok but it did not have the traction of the Kailua Trail and would not be useful for anything other than well groomed trails. Running uphill was great and similar to the feel I had with the Kailua Trail, and coming downhill the cushioning was adequate and it protected my knees. I wondered if this shoe would be as stable as the Kailua Trail and I can report that it was very stable and I had no issues.I really like the Kailua Tarmac and it has Nike Air Max 90 Mens become my “go to shoe” for my road workouts. This shoe has all the things I like about Hoka shoes in a performance package: Nike Air Max 90 Hombre cushioning, stability, and it protects my knees.This shoe has a little less of the “Hoka cloud” feel, but adds more flexibility, less weight, and smooth performance oriented feel on the road. I think it’s a real winner and will give Hoka wearers and others a shoe they could race in on the road.Why are these shoes getting so much air time on this site? Are they a major benefactor or something? They are ridiculous shoes, perhaps suitable for an oft-injured niche or a subsect (such as the one percent of one percent of runners who do ultras or something). To me these contradict the spirit of this Nike Air Max 95 Femme site, which is minimalism, form, sensible design. I have no advertising relationship with Hoka, in fact I have no Nike Air Max 2017 Womens direct contact with the company as yet. I’ve only even run in the Hokas myself once. My interest is in helping people find shoes Nike Air Vapormax Womens that let them achieve their running goals, and for some people Hokas are the answer to that. For one example, my own wife has been able to run pain free for several months now thanks to these shoes. She tried minimal and it did not work for her. If I ever become overly dogmatic in my beliefs about footwear in the absence of compelling evidence that one style is best for all then I’ve failed to do my job well.

2018-09-14 03:17:43

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer