PunBB-Hosting Support Forum

The official support forum for all things related to PunBB-Hosting

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-08-29 03:32:26

Labi1995
e to transition from road to trail easily

Patagonia’s goal in designing the EVERlong was to create a shoe that lets the runner feel the intimate details of the ground and gain a sense of freedom on the trails. They wanted to produce a shoe that will take you Nike Air Max 97 Womens from a weekend trail run to a 100-mile race. To help achieve this goal, Patagonia worked with top ultra marathoner Jeff Browning to design the EVERlong. Browning states that there were four main design goals for the EVERlong: dialing in midsole width/feel, balancing traction vs. weight in the design of the outsole, incorporating a soft heel lock, and an upper/midfoot wrap that would prevent the shoe from feeling Nike Air Max 2016 Damen sloppy on downhills. Being familiar with Patagonia’s fantastic apparel line, I was excited to put this new trail runner to the test on the rugged trails surrounding my Vermont home!I received the EVERlong four days prior to racing a 50k and, unfortunately, I didn’t feel I had enough break-in miles with them to use them in the race. However, my initial reaction was that they were extremely comfortable with ample toe room Nike Air Max 90 Damen Pink without making your foot feel like it was floating around. The design is meant for all function and little fluff; the EVERlong looked very basic but practical. These were made for a runner. Period.After having spent a month running in the EVERlong, with runs ranging from five to 14 miles on a variety of trails and dirt roads, I have a better appreciation of what the shoe has to offer.The EVERlong is a low profile shoe (Nike Air Max Classic BW Womens23/19m mm; 4mm drop) that offers a cushy landing. It is definitely not a hard soled trail runner. If you are the type of runner that tends to like the feel of a softer shoe and a little extra cushion on the roads, the EVERlong will deliver this for you – it felt great on dirt roads and hard packed trails, and the cushion enabled me to transition from road to trail easily. You will feel the rocks and roots on more Nike Air Max 1 Damskie technical trails, but this was not a major problem for me. The EVERlong is lightweight and unencumbering on my feet. Weighing in at 6.1 ounces for women, I appreciated not having to carry extra weight through my longer runs. Patagonia has done nice job keeping the shoe lightweight while still providing the cushion required to handle the uneven terrain that trails can dish out.The EVERlong shoe was designed with overlays and a midfoot wrap that are meant Nike Air Max 1 Femme to hold your foot securely on the platform – they accomplish what they were designed to do. I felt that my foot was securely locked down, but the internal mid-foot wrap did not feel overbearing nor like it held my foot in place in a restrictive way. It gave my foot just the right support it needed as I took sharp turns and hairpins on the trail. I have taken this shoe on some Nike Air Max 90 Mujer varied trail conditions from dirt and rooted trails to grassy meadows and felt my mid-foot was well supported without feeling trapped.Patagonia EVERlong heelThe EVERlong does not have a hard heel counter and again relies on a system of overlays and some padding to support the heel. This is the one area where I felt the shoe needs more support. During my first few runs it seemed to have the support my heel needed on the trails but it appears to have broken down Nike Air Max 97 Damen fast. This gives me the feeling that my foot is starting to pronate more than it normally does (Editor’s Note – Laurie is a fairly extreme pronator, though it has not caused her issues from an injury standpoint).

2018-08-29 03:32:26

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer